Aosta Valley (Valle d`Aosta)
The Aosta valley is a region in the north west of Italy, it lays next to France and Switzerland. Landmarks of this valley are the snowy mountain tops of the Matterhorn, Mont Rosa, Mont Blanc and Grand Paradiso.
- Capital: Aosta, 35.000 residents
- Geography: valley of the river Dora baltea with a few next valleys, surounded by some of the highest mountains in the Alps
- Highest mountain: mont blanc 4.609 m
- Area: 3.263 km2 , smallest region of italy
- Residents: 129.000
- Official languages: Italien and French