Area: 5.300 km2
Highest point: "Hohe Acht"
Rivers: Rhein, Mosel, Our, Weser, Maas, Rur, Erft
Type: low mountain range
Where is the Eifel?
- part of the rhenish slate mountains
- stretches from the north of Rhineland-palatinate over to the southwest of NRW, on the left side
- it is a square with Aachen (north), Trier (south), Koblenz (west) and Bonn (south) on the corners
- limited by the Mosel Valley in the north and south
- goes over to the Ösling and the Ardennes
What can you find there?
- surounded by lots of little brooks and streams, because of the mild-damp Atlantic Climate
- you can find lots of water reservoirs, especially in the north
- The Eifel is a great habitat for lots of different animals