- 225 grams semisweet chocolate broken up
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 30 grams flour
- ca.235 milliliter chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 190 °C.
- In a small pan in a larger pan over simmering water melt chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat and stir together until smooth and satiny. Let cool to room temperature.
- Beat eggs until thick and light in color. Add salt and gradually add sugar while beating about 8 minutes or until a trail of egg will remain on the surface 15 seconds when the beaters are raised. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the cooled chocolate mixture, keeping mixture as airy as possible. Fold in flour and walnuts.
- Butter baking pan and pour in batter. Bake in the center of the oven about 30 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted about 2 centimeters from the center comes out barely moist.
- Cool in the pan on a rack at least 5 hours before cutting in small squares.
- Best keep them at room temperature, so do not refrigerate.